Uniform & Equipment
Our uniform is supplied by School Uniform Direct. Tel 020 8544 5440 (Option 2). Open 12 - 4pm, Monday to Friday. Visit the School Uniform Direct website.
Second-hand uniform is available from the Academy directly. We cannot guarantee all items will be available in every size but we will work with families to ensure we can share what we can.
Uniform and expectations
- Arriving in full school uniform helps students feel equal and gets them ‘Ready to Learn’. Full school uniform should be worn to and from school. Our students are ambassadors for the Academy at all times.
- The Academy expectations and uniform apply to all students within the Academy, when travelling to or from the Academy and whilst on trips and visits.
- Sweatshirts/hoodies, caps and trainers are not permitted and will be confiscated.
- Make up is not permitted. Jewellery including rings (with the exception of one pair of small gold or silver studs on each earlobe and a watch) are not permitted and must not be worn. If worn on school site, jewellery will be confiscated. Woolly hats are allowed in the winter months but should not be worn in the school building.
- We do not allow any facial piercings or more than one piercing in each ear lobe. You will be asked to remove such piercings (even if they have just been done).
- Students should wear short black socks.
- No nail varnish or false nails are allowed and nails should be of a reasonable length.
- Hair must be worn in an appropriate style and there should not be any markings cut into the hair, dyed hair or any extreme fashion which would create any undue interest in the student.
- Only plain black leather school shoes are permitted. Uniform expectations also apply when students travel to and from school.
- If you are considering buying a winter coat or waterproof jacket please note that this should be plain black or navy blue.
- All students in years 7-10 are required to carry a blue plain backpack, which can either be bought from the uniform supplier or any high street retailer.
Students will need to have:
- School Blazer with logo
- School Jumper with logo
- School Tie in Year Colour
- Dark Blue Trouser / Skirt (not skinny trousers) or skirts above knee
- Pale Blue Shirt/Blouse (Years 7 & 8)
- White Shirt/Blouse (Years 9-11)
- Plain smart/formal ankle length socks in black or white. Plain black tights can also be worn. Fluffy socks are not permitted.
- PE Polo Shirt
- PE Tracksuit Bottom / Shorts
- PE Tracksuit Jacket
- Blue plain backpack (Years 7-10)
- Dark blue/black outdoor coat
Items of clothing that are not part of the school uniform will be confiscated. If a student does not have the correct uniform they will be sent to the APS room. If a student is unsure of our uniform expectations, they should confirm these with their Learning Advisor or Year Team Leader.
The Academy expectations and uniform apply to all students within the Academy, when travelling to or from the Academy and whilst on trips and visits.
Students must bring a minimum of:
- a clear pencil case to carry their equipment
- 2 black pens
- 2 green pens
- 2 pencils
- 2 black whiteboard pens
- a rubber
- a ruler
- a maths set
- a Casio scientific calculator (available from the library for £6)
- a blue plain backpack (Years 7-10 only). Year 11 and Sixth Form students may bring any bag, though it must be appropriate for school such as rucksacks, satchels and large sports bags. Students' bags should be large enough to support an A4 ring binder without folding it. Handbags are not permitted.
- a reading book
- a planner
- the Academy’s PE kit
- exercise books (as per the student’s timetable)
- a filled water bottle
It is a student’s responsibility to ensure their planner and books remain presentable and are not defaced.
Mobile phones and iPods/headphones
We know that many young people have mobile phones, however they are easily lost or stolen which can cause upset and waste time. They can also cause a distraction. Therefore we will be enforcing the school rules which state that phones must be turned off at all times whilst on the school site and any mobile phone OR headphones seen at any time on site will be confiscated.
It is important to note that parents wishing to contact students in case of emergency can use the school telephone line and a message will be relayed to the student. It is also important to note that although we will endeavour to keep all students’ belongings safe, no responsibility can be taken for students’ mobile phones whilst on the school site.